Wednesday, September 20, 2006

The Disclaimer has Landed

Disclaimer: Not all of the songs that get stuck in my head are songs that I particularly like. Oftentimes they are songs that I do not like. For example, I have "Angels" as covered by Jessica Simpson stuck in my head because I heard it in the grocery store an hour ago.

The song "Angels" reminds me of the VH1 show I wanted to have called "When Remakes go Awry" That is songs that were better in their orginal form and should not be altered with. Not that "Angels" is a particularly great song, but I'll take Robbie Williams over Jessica Simpson any day.

Songs that I would have featured on my VH1 show would be: (Not in any particular order)

"Waiting in Vain" covered by Annie Lennox originally by Bob Marley
"Love Song" covered by 311 orignally by The Cure
"Train in Vain" covered by Annie Lennox originally by The Clash
"Lady Marmalade" covered by Christina Aguilera, Pink, Maya and Lil' Kim originally by Patti LaBelle
"I saw her/him standing there" covered by Tiffany orginally by The Beatles

This is just the few that have popped into my head. Let me know what your submissions would be smoglifemail@yahoo.com .

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]